RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TOUR
Ask for Price
Trip Length: 1 Day.
Pick up: 04:30 AM – 05:00 AM from lodging accommodations.
Drop off: 18:30 PM.
A day adventure trek to Vinicunca, Rainbow Mountain. The trek begins at 3,850 meters above sea level and ascends to 5200meters.
The tour starts in the city of Cusco and continues to Quesiuno, where is the beginning of the trek. The walk is 7 km, approximately 2-3 hours of walking. The trek starts at 3,850m.s.m. and it goes up to 5200 m.s.n.m.
04:30-05:00 Pick up from lodging accomodations and head to the Southern Valley of Cusco, Checacupe.
07:10 A 30 minute breakfast break in Pitumarka, altitude of 3800 meters above sea level.
09:30 Start the hike at trailhead Quesiuno, altitude 4250meters. On the seven kilometer hike, approximately 3 hours, you will enjoy fantastic view of Apu Ausungate (Ausungate Mountain that reaches 6384 meters). Along the way you will have even more impressive sights and small lagoons. The maximum altitude that you will reach is 5200meters.
11:30 Arrive at the summit of Rainbow Mountain and pose for breathtaking photos.
14:30 A buffet lunch will be provided after the descent.
18:30 Arrival in Cusco Cusco.
- Pick up at lodging at 4:30-5:00am.
- Professional bilingual English/Spanish guide.
- Entrance Ticket to Montaña Viñicunca “Rainbow Mountain”.
- Breakfast and buffet lunch.
- First Aid kit and oxygen tank if necessary.
- Round trip ground transportation from Cusco to trailhead.
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Horse ride if necessary or desired to summit and descend Rainbow Mountain.
- Tips for Guides.